Man...or Astro-Clay?

Man...or Astro-Clay?
Man...or Astro-Clay?

Thursday, March 23, 2006

WILD ZERO : First CD Review!

bmosworld.net: "WILD ZERO - s/t
Curve of the Earth Records

Before I got it, I was optimistically curious. When it first arrived, and I looked at the song titles, I drastically reduced my level of expectation. 'Battle Royale', 'Curse of the Red Tiger', 'Burnt Knife', 'Terror On the High Seas'� this sounds like Loverboy material, or maybe the soundtrack for the next WWE event. But, I know the drummer, who sent me an advance copy of this soon-to-be-released disc, has better taste than that, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and slipped into the old CD player. And I�m damn glad I did. Talk about high energy � I could almost see the sparks flying out of the stereo. Equal parts Guns'n'Roses and Misfits but with a decidedly Boston accent, Wild Zero don't pull any punches. If your ears don't feel like they're bleeding and you don't have the sensation of a combat boot kicking you in the chest, then you're just not paying attention. I'm not crazy about the lyrics, but lyrics are really not the point. The point is these boys play loud, fast and aggressive with a good ear for a hook. If you're looking to get in a fight, and you need a little inspiration, put this on real loud and just wait for your blood to start boiling."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »